Friday, June 27, 2008

Wanted + Other Inspiring Movies



So I went to see the Midnight showing of Wanted last night. Check out my other blog (linked on the right hand side) to read my Angie love fest as it is much more appropriate there. Although I will say she's fucking hot.

That is really partly the point of my post, but I'll get there in a minute. One of my favorite quotes from the movie, like, tattooable quotes was, "What the fuck have you done lately?" It was great to be able to think, a whole hell of a lot, thanks! All the months of training and I finally realized I have been doing some amazing shit and I should be damn proud of that. It goes with the Bernarr MacFadden quote I recently added over there ---->
I still wont flex for my girlfriend though.

Back to the hotness. I love action movies, and I'm not phased by violence, so much so that I have to make a conscious effort during the movie to ask myself, "is this violent?" because inevitably someone will ask me, and I'll say no, then they will go and be pissed at me and really it just never registered. In case your wondering, it is violent, and its awesome.

I think one of the reasons I really love action movies is that the actors get so bulked up and strong...their badassery just inspires me to lift more, go harder, be stronger. Sort of like my favorite Nike commercial:

Anyone know what song that is? Can you spot Diana Taurasi of the Phoenix Mercury?

Here is a short list of some movies that really got me fired up/motivated:
1. Tomb Raider (+ the sequels)
2. X-Men (+ the sequels)
3. Batman Begins
4. Mr. and Mrs. Smith
5. Underworld (+ the sequel)
6. GI Jane

Post your most inspiring movies to the comments!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The song in the commercial is "List of Demands (Reparations)" by Saul Williams. Thank you internet!

Anonymous said...

Very cool! What is up with my Lynx?

plasticcalifornia said...

Thank you YouTube, now I can listen to that song all day at work... uhuh.

@Mark
I guess the Lynx can't take the pressure. Maybe they will get it together in the Fall after the break for the Olympics...

Anonymous said...

for me it was only number 6.

why did I NOT love number four?! I seem to be alone in that.

liked number 2.

never saw (gasp! I know :)) numbers 1,3,5.

M.

plasticcalifornia said...

Miz, It is totally NOT only you in not liking number 4. I think people may have had different expectations for it coming in, but I thought it was comedy gold. I know when to take an action movie/summer blockbuster for what it is. I am all about sitting back and watching the show. But as I stated in my other post about Wanted on my other blog, give me Angelina and some guns and I'm pretty much sold.